Go Back

Can corporations get tax refunds?

Can corporations get tax refunds?

Yes, corporations can get tax refunds. Corporations are taxed on their income, and they may have tax withheld from their income throughout the year. If a corporation has had more tax withheld than it owes for the year, it may be entitled to a tax refund.

To get a tax refund, a corporation must file a tax return with the relevant tax authority. The tax return will show the corporation’s income and expenses for the year, and the tax that was withheld. If the tax withheld is more than the corporation’s tax liability for the year, the excess will be refunded to the corporation.

It’s worth noting that corporations may also be eligible for tax credits, which can reduce their tax liability and potentially result in a refund. For example, a corporation may be able to claim a credit for research and development expenses, or for hiring employees from certain disadvantaged groups.

Prominent Financial Consultants offers a range of services to help our clients succeed, and we would love the opportunity to discuss how we can help you. If you would like to schedule an appointment with us, please schedule a free 15 Minute Financial Clarity Call so that we can learn more about your needs and goals or schedule your tax appointment here.

You’re a click away from financial clarity book your call today.

During our 15 minute Financial Clarity Call, you’ll experience the clarity that comes with knowing your next step(s) when it comes to your financial goals. No matter what stage of life or business you’re in —our team will do whatever it takes to ensure you feel empowered. Best of all, it’s 100% free when you book today.

Book Financial Clarity Call