Go Back

Can a partnership tax return be amended?

Can a partnership tax return be amended?

Yes, a partnership tax return can be amended. If you need to make changes to a partnership tax return that has already been filed, you can file an amended return using Form 1065X, Amended Return or Administrative Adjustment Request.

To amend a partnership tax return, you will need to complete Form 1065X and provide any additional information or documentation that is necessary to support the changes you are making. You should also attach any relevant schedules or forms that are affected by the changes.

It is important to note that there are time limits for filing an amended partnership tax return. Generally, you must file an amended return within three years from the date you filed the original return or within two years from the date you paid the tax, whichever is later.

If you have any questions about the process for amending a partnership tax return, you should consult with a tax professional or refer to the instructions for Form 1065X.

Prominent Financial Consultants offers a range of services to help our clients succeed, and we would love the opportunity to discuss how we can help you. If you would like to schedule an appointment with us, please schedule a free 15 Minute Financial Clarity Call so that we can learn more about your needs and goals or schedule your tax appointment here.

You’re a click away from financial clarity book your call today.

During our 15 minute Financial Clarity Call, you’ll experience the clarity that comes with knowing your next step(s) when it comes to your financial goals. No matter what stage of life or business you’re in —our team will do whatever it takes to ensure you feel empowered. Best of all, it’s 100% free when you book today.

Book Financial Clarity Call